Friday, August 29, 2008

Day Much Later: Stuff

Long break, but I'm back now. Today I finished off the stairs in light rain. Mosquitos are not fun to work with. I was short a few boards, and needed some more 2*4s for railings. Picked them up on the way home from work. As you can see below, I got the stair railings done, and got the stairs all neatly cut and mounted. I'll need to rip 1 board to put in at the bottom of the stairs, but no rush on that.
















Here's a close up of the nice cut I was able to make with Sean's compound mitre saw. Worked like a charm on the weird angle (somewhere around 59 degrees).
















And lastly, here is the view from the top. I still need to find some solar light post caps for the 2 posts at the top of the stairs. I've come up empty handed everywhere I've looked (admittedly, this is only 2 places).

No comments: